The essence of a place, like the smell of the sea or the tang of a lemon, is the "why" behind all travel. To leave our homes and to discover new textures, tastes, and the lilt of a different dialect or language brings us the sense of both our universality as human beings, and the marvelous ways in which we differ.
In this section, we offer a little bit of that essence for each DGuide city. Read the Overview for flavor, and the History for context. If you're considering a move, get local detail from Relocation, and see Related Links for even more background.
Atlantic City Information
- Atlantic City sits on the northern tip of Absecon Island, originally inhabited by the Lenni-Lenape Indians who used it in the summer months in their trek through the marshlands to the...
- View Atlantic City History >
- The city that launched Monopoly's Boardwalk and Park Place; the original beach community and destination for millions of Northeast families; the city that built the world's first ocean pier...
- View Atlantic City Overview >
- This section provides a list of relevant agencies and organizations that can help you in your move, including some useful tools such as cost of living calculators.
- View Atlantic City Relocation >
- Site Map
- Use this page to navigate our site. A primary goal of DGuides is to provide useful and descriptive information quickly, so if you have suggestions for how we can improve the organization of our site,...
- View Atlantic City Site Map >