In the 380 years since it was first founded, Boston has remained the unofficial capital of New England, living up to its title with gusto. Boston's attractions range from the academic, the historical, the cultural, and beyond, with incredible shopping districts, vibrant performance venues, and a thriving nightlife. Come to Boston for a day, a week, or more, and you'll find something new in one of the oldest cities in the country.
- Culture defines Boston as much as cold defines ice. It was the first city in the nation to open a public library, and is home to 52 acclaimed colleges and universities, over 50 museums and historical sites, four professional sports teams, and a thriving performing arts community.
- View All Boston Cultural >
- Boston has seen some of the most significant milestones of our nation's history, from the protests and battles of the American Revolution to the waves of immigration in the 20th century.
- View All Boston Historic >
- In a city whose history spans four centuries, it's no surprise that Boston is home to over 40 museums celebrating the artistic, scientific and historic endeavors of the human spirit embodied in the lives of extraordinary people.
- View All Boston Museums >
- Parks and Gardens
- A string of nine continuous parks spanning 1,100 acres, affectionately known as the Emerald Necklace, surround the city of Boston with the expressed intent of providing a respite from the noise and overcrowding of city life.
- View All Boston Parks and Gardens >
- Performance Venues
- As rich as Boston is in American history, it is also a thriving performing arts mecca. Boston houses some of the most popular and well-respected performance venues not only in New England but in the entire United States.
- View All Boston Performance Venues >
- Boston boasts a longevity that other cities dream about. If you like your skyscrapers with a little Victorian and Colonial brick on the side, look no further than this city's myriad of inspiring historical sights.
- View All Boston Sights >
- Theme Parks
- Cyclone, Tornado, Thunderbolt, Typhoon—we're not talking weather conditions, we're talking amusement park rides at Six Flags, with speeds and twists that live up to their names.
- View All Boston Theme Parks >