It's no secret that Los Angeles beats with a feverish pulse, and it may take a dead sprint to avoid traffic if you're going to embrace all that the sprawling epicenter of the West Coast has to offer. At whatever your pace, there's more to the City of Angels than Disneyland and the Hollywood Walk of Fame. A slew of amusement parks, cultural institutions and natural beauties dot the city and its environs in troves, so keep your eyes wide open and take a few detours along the way.
Los Angeles Attractions
- White sand, boardwalk vendors, and palm trees are just a few of the cliché scenes evoked by Southern California beaches. And, believe us they have them all: world famous surfing, the legendary Muscle Beach and picturesque sunsets up and down the Los Angeles and Orange County coast.
- View All Los Angeles Beaches >
- Streets, Drives and Boardwalks
- It's no secret that Los Angeles is the proverbial concrete jungle of freeways, billboards and cars, but there are a surprising number of scenic drives with views overlooking the city.
- View All Los Angeles Streets, Drives and Boardwalks >
- Theaters and Performing Arts Venues
- If you ever thought LA was known only for its big screens, think again. Avant-garde theater takes on a whole new meaning in the City of Angels because here, the arts take their cue from the energy and innovation of the city itself.
- View All Los Angeles Theaters and Performing Arts Venues >
- Zoos and Aquariums
- For those fascinated by all things furry, fuzzy and even scaly, Los Angeles won't disappoint. From Santa Monica to Santa Ana, zoos and aquariums abound. Always fun yet educational, these family-friendly destinations are definite crowd-pleasers.
- View All Los Angeles Zoos and Aquariums >