You're in Southern California; what are you going to do now? You're going to Disneyland! An enchanting experience for people of all ages, Disneyland, true to its word, is the happiest place on earth. In one day you can outrun the enemy with Indiana Jones, battle Emperor Zurg with Buzz Lightyear, experience fairy tales with the Disney Princesses, navigate through a haunted house, and embark on an adventure with the Pirates of the Caribbean. Since 1955, children and adults have delighted in the imaginative setting and magical experience of Disneyland.
The entrance to Disneyland leads to Main Street, where you will find an assortment of food and souvenir shops, including Main Street Cone Shop, serving delectable ice cream treats. Main Street leads to the enchanted castle, and beyond, the park is separated into four sections: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Frontierland, and Tomorrowland, each offering unique rides and attractions. Walk to the back of the park and you'll find yourself in Toon Town — an area designed to look like you've just walked into a cartoon; not to mention, you can tour Mickey and Minnie's houses.
If you have time, be sure to visit Disney's California Adventure Park, a newer addition to the California Disney experience, which is directly across from Disneyland. And later in the evening, take a walk along Downtown Disney, a promenade of shops and restaurants just outside the park area.
Special events such as parades and shows vary by day, so be sure to check the website to find out what's happening on the day you plan on visiting. Whether it's your first time or your thousandth, Disneyland always dazzles.
- Park hours vary, usually opens by 9 or 10am and closes at 10pm or midnight. Please check website for current hours.
- Ages 10 and over: $72
- Children 3-9: $62
- Children under 3: Free
- These are the prices for single day, one-park admission.
- Admission to California Adventure requires additional payment or purchase of a park-hopper ticket.
- There are often discounts for Southern California residents, so check the website.
- Location: 1313 S. Disneyland Drive, Anaheim, CA
- Phone: 714-781-4565
- Website: www.disneyland.disney.go.com