A staple for the young Hollywood set and a location in movies like LA Confidential, the Chinese-themed hotspot has long been a bar and restaurant where stars can be seen enjoying a drink and living their charmed lifestyles. Opened in 1939, the red and ebony Formosa Cafe has been long been a movie biz watering hole, where stars hold meetings over cocktails to discuss their next big picture. Dimly lit, the two bars are surrounded by hundreds of celebrity photos (from Elvis to Bono) boasting just how star-studded the joint really is. Although most people just stop by for pre-dinner or after-hours drinks, the Formosa (which became a landmark in 1991) also offers a full menu every night of the week.
- Dinner: Monday through Thursday: 4pm -to 11pm, Friday: 4pm to 12am, Saturday: 6pm to 12am, Sunday: 6pm to 11pm
- Bar Hours: Monday through Friday: 4pm to 2am, Saturday and Sunday: 6pm to 2am
- Private Party Facilities:
- Indoor/outdoor patios available for all events. Downstairs can seat up to 80 guests for cocktail parties and 150 for upstairs lounge.
- Location: 7156 Santa Monica Blvd Los Angeles, CA
- Phone: 323-850-9050
- Website: www.formosacafe.com