Spending St. Patrick's Day in New York City 2012. From pub crawls and the first annual St. Patrick's Day Fest at Webster Hall to the famous New York St. Patrick's Day Parade, we've got you covered. See below for a list of fun family events to booze-heavy activities in New York City.
1. New York City St. Patrick's Day Parade: March 17, 2012: The 251st NYC Saint Patrick's Day Parade is coming up! New York's most famous parade may be the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but the annual Saint Patrick's Day Parade deserves a nod for its own merits as well. Instead of the bright, airy floats, the parade consists of a quieter atmosphere in which the heritage of the Irish and Irish descents is respected and celebrated. The upcoming NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade will take place on Saturday, March 17th, 2012. See the event listing here.
2. 14th Annual Throggs Neck St. Patrick’s Day Parade, The Bronx: March 11, 2012: The 14th Annual Throggs Neck St. Patrick’s Day Parade in the Bronx will take place on Sunday, March 11th, 2012. The Parade Route begins at E. Tremont and Lafayette Avenues and continues down E. Tremont, Right onto Harding Avenue and concludes at Harding and Brinsmade Avenues at 12 noon. See the event listing here.
3. Alcoholiday at Loreley Restaurant and Biergarten: March 17, 2012: So it's almost that time of year again - one of the few holidays where it is perfectly acceptable to get mindlessly drunk based on the notion that it is in honor of an entire nation (and their drinking skills). That's right, St Patrick's Day is getting closer and closer and at MeanRed they've thoughtfully concocted a party of epic proportions to ensure that you can appreciate your unlimited supply of booze in a completely safe and super fun environment. Alcoholiday will take place at Loreley Restaurant and Biergarten on Saturday, March 17th, 2012 from 9pm - 4am. See the event listing here.
4. First Annual Irish Fest at Webster Hall: March 17, 2012: This St. Patrick's Day, Webster Hall is teaming up with the producers of the world's largest pub crawl - PubCrawls.com - for a massive entertainment attraction on St. Patrick's Day that will highlight the most popular party holiday of the year, Irish Fest! The event is set for Saturday, March 17th, 2012 starting at noon. See the event listing here.
5. 37th Annual Brooklyn Irish American Parade: March 18, 2012: The 37th Annual Brooklyn Irish American Parade will take place on Sunday, March 18th, 2012 at 1pm in Park Slope, Brooklyn. The parade route will kick off on 15th Street & Prospect Park West, go down 5th Street to 7th Avenue, along 7th Avenue To Garfield Place, up Garfield Place to Prospect Park West, and along Prospect Park West to 15th Street. See the event listing here.
6. Craic Festival NYC: March 8 - 10, 2012: The Craic Festival runs March 8th 10th, 2012 and is New York City's Premier Irish Film & Music Hub. The festival will feature a variety of entertainment options, including films, music, comedy and more! Performers include The Clatty Lads, Duke Special, a.k.a. Peter Wilson, Rubberbandits, The Minutes & more. See the event listing here.
7. Saint Patrick's Day for Sinners: All-Redhead Burlesque Revue & Party at The Bell House: March 17, 2012: Saint Patrick's Day for Sinners: All-Redhead Burlesque Revue & Party will be at The Bell House on Saturday, March 17th, 2012. It's a night of drinking, celebration and guaranteed fun... Featuring musical guests Amour Obscur, and an All-Redhead edition of Wasabassco Burlesque, Starring Albert Cadabra, Bettina May, Firefly, Gal Friday, Gin Minsky, Hula Hoop Harl't Melissa-Anne, Justine Joli, Madame Rosebud, Nasty Canasta, Scooter Pie, and Stormy Leather. See the event listing here.
8. St. Patty's Day Shamrock Shuffle Bar Crawl: March 17, 2012: Good things are coming your way! BarCrawls.com is back for St. Patrick's Day 2012 with it's Crawl for Gold! Spread some shamrock spirit and gather your friends, sports teams and clubs to toast to the luckiest day of the year. Purchase advance tickets for the best prices. Tickets also on sale the night of at the registration sites. See the event listing here.
9. Union Square Wines St Patrick's Day Tasting: March 17, 2012: Join Union Square Wines for St. Patrick's Day as they show off quite a pot of liquid gold! Irish Whiskey and Irish Cream will take center stage for dram fans and Shamrock enthusiasts to enjoy all afternoon long. Like Bourbon? Like Scotch? Check out what the Emerald Isle to offer, including whiskies from Jameson's, Redbreast, Midleton's, Bushmill's, Tullamore Dew, and Concannon. Featured Irish cream producers Coole Swan and Ryan's Irish. See the event listing here.
10. Saint Paddys Pub Crawls New York City: March 16 - 18, 2012: New York City is one of the top destinations in the country for all things St. Patrick's Day, but this year it's only going to be even bigger as the producers of the World's Largest Pub Crawls put together yet another colossal event in the Big Apple - The Luck of the Irish New York City Pub Crawl! After they managed to get together over 12,000 guests for a Halloween pub crawl that's still being talked about, the sky's the limit for this year's St. Patty's Day pub crawl. See the event listing here.