© fiat luxe
The essence of a place, like the smell of the sea or the tang of a lemon, is the "why" behind all travel. To leave our homes and to discover new textures, tastes, and the lilt of a different dialect or language brings us the sense of both our universality as human beings, and the marvelous ways in which we differ.
In this section, we offer a little bit of that essence for each DGuide city. Read the Overview for flavor, and the History for context. If you're considering a move, get local detail from Relocation, and see Related Links for even more background.
New York City Information
- Pre-history to Revolutionary War
Before New York City was the Big Apple or the city that never sleeps, before skyscrapers and Central Park, and long before electricity, the glaciers of the last...
- View New York City History >
- It is bright. It is shiny. It is colorful and juicy, sweet and bitter, and you yearn for just one bite, only to inevitably realize that one will never be enough. Nothing sets your senses ablaze like the one… the only… Big Apple.
- View New York City Overview >
- This section provides a list of relevant agencies and organizations that can help you in your move, including some useful tools such as cost of living calculators.
New York City Relocation Links
- View New York City Relocation >
- Site Map
- Use this page to navigate our site. A primary goal of DGuides is to provide useful and descriptive information quickly, so if you have suggestions for how we can improve the organization of our site,...
- View New York City Site Map >