This year the Multnomah Days Parade and Street Fair is set for Saturday, August 18th, 2012. The ‘biggest little’ parade kicks off at 10:00 a.m. with musicians, street performers, cars, pets and more. Timber Joey, the Portland Timbers’ mascot, will serve as Grand Marshal.
Other Highlights Include
• Kid Zone located at the Multnomah Art Center, will be open from 9am to 4pm. This year, the Zone includes a mini barnyard petting zoo!
• Live Music on the Main Stage begins immediately after the parade with The Beat Goes On Marching Band. Music will continue throughout the day with great covers from The Magnets playing from noon to 1:30, and featuring The Renegade String Band, playing blue grass from 2:00pm-4:15pm.
• Sip D’ Vine Wine (& beer) Garden on Moss Street will be open from noon-10pm, with live music playing from 6pm -10pm.
• Multnomah Days Arts and Crafts Sale features functional and artistic works at great prices. All artwork is created by MAC instructors & students. The proceeds from this sale go to participating local artists and help fund program improvements at Multnomah Arts Center.
• Energy Fair with all that you need to know to go green at your home or business. Presented by Umpqua Bank, Clean Energy Works of Oregon, Wise Energy Co and Live Light Energy.
• Multnomah Historical Association is hosting a free picnic for the community on Sunday August 19, from 11am-2 pm-Gabriel Park picnic sites D & E. For more information go to www.multnomahhistorical.com or call 503-893-5549
• Multnomah Village Vine & Dine is at 3pm on Sunday, August 19, and benefits the Multnomah Village Bloc’s Initiative to install vintage street lights, benches and bike racks in the Village.
For more information, visit: www.multnomahvillage.org/events/detail/35