San Diego North County, aka just North County by locals, is (obviously) San Diego's northern most county and one of the fastest growing areas in San Diego. Spanning from about Encinitas and other areas west of Escondido to the Camp Pendleton Marine Base at its northern edge, North County has a definite rural atmosphere punctuated by towns that have recently become resort destinations on their own, such as Carlsbad and Oceanside.
North County is now front and center as a hotbed of high-tech corporations and the necessary housing that complement them, not to mention attractions such as the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park near Escondido and LEGOLAND in Carlsbad. But in spite of this growth, this area of San Diego still contains unspoiled beach communities and charming towns.
- • North County on Wikipedia: www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_North_County,_California
- • San Diego North Convention & Visitors Bureau: www.sandiegonorth.com
- • North County Times - Californian: www.nctimes.com
- • North County Transit District: www.gonctd.com
- • San Diego North Chamber of Commerce: www.sdncc.co