San Francisco has so many attractions, you can't turn a corner without bumping into one. From the iconic Golden Gate Bridge to the murals in the Mission, this city rewards visitors with hundreds of sights and a density of museums matched only in Washington D.C. Due to the city's compact size, getting around to see all the attractions should be the easy part of your trip.
San Francisco Attractions
- With a bevy of museums catering to a wide spectrum of interests, San Francisco has carved out its cozy little niche in the world of renowned cultural institutions. Leading the way are the Fine Arts Museum (housed in the Legion of Honor and the de Young Museum) and the Museum of Modern Art.
- View All San Francisco Museums >
- Performing Arts and Venues
- The San Francisco War Memorial and Performing Arts Center hosts some of the most well-known performing arts companies in the country. The War Memorial Opera House houses the San Francisco Opera, which is the second-largest opera company in North America, as well as the San Francisco Ballet.
- View All San Francisco Performing Arts and Venues >
- Zoos, Aquariums and Theme Parks
- Zoos, aquariums and theme parks are always a hit with the old, young and everyone in between with their thrill-seeking roller coasters, interactive exhibits, intriguing underworld and furry friends.
- View All San Francisco Zoos, Aquariums and Theme Parks >