The essence of a place, like the smell of the sea or the tang of a lemon, is the "why" behind all travel. To leave our homes and to discover new textures, tastes, and the lilt of a different dialect or language brings us the sense of both our universality as human beings, and the marvelous ways in which we differ.
In this section, we offer a little bit of that essence for each DGuide city. Read the Overview for flavor, and the History for context. If you're considering a move, get local detail from Relocation, and see Related Links for even more background.
San Francisco Information
- San Francisco is a relatively young city, popping up on the maps as a Spanish colony at the time America was declaring its independence. But fueled by hope and grit, this city has a history as rich as the gold it was founded on.
- View San Francisco History >
- From the days of the Gold Rush, San Francisco has been a freewheeling city. Artists, musicians and writers often sang its praises, and it's easy to see why: this is one gorgeous little city by the bay.
- View San Francisco Overview >
- This section provides a list of relevant agencies and organizations that can help you in your move, including some useful tools such as cost of living calculators.
- View San Francisco Relocation >
- Site Map
- Use this page to navigate our site. A primary goal of DGuides is to provide useful and descriptive information quickly, so if you have suggestions for how we can improve the organization of our site,...
- View San Francisco Site Map >