You don't have to be a history buff imagining the early days of the Republic in order to find an excellent place to ride a horse in the DC area. Check out Rock Creek Horse Center, right in the middle of DC!
Rock Creek Horse Center
- Open to the public six days a week, trail rides available five days a week. Pony rides and lessons are also available, as are camps for kids, teens and adults.
- Closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
- Office Hours: Tuesday through Friday: 12pm to 6pm, Saturday through Sunday: 9am to 5pm
- $35 for a 1-hour ride (No experience is necessary for taking one of our guided walking trail rides. However, each rider must be at least 12 years of age and must wear a provided helmet. In addition, all persons under the age of 18 must have a release signed by a consenting adult.)
- Mid Week Trail Rides: require a 24-hour advance reservation and are on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6 pm, from June through August. It's recommended that you book 6-8 weeks in advance.
- Weekend Trail Rides: require a 24-hour advance reservation and are on Saturdays at 9:30 am (National Park Ranger-led trail ride) and 11am, and Sundays at 11am and 12:30 pm, from April through October. Please book 6-8 weeks in advance.
- Location: 5100 Glover Rd. NW, Washington, DC. Located just off Military Road, on Glover Road NW (next door to The Nature Center in Rock Creek Park)
- Phone: 202-362-0117
- Website: www.rockcreekhorsecenter.com