You can view the Jefferson Memorial and other monuments from the water at the Tidal Basin by renting a Tidal Basin Paddle Boat. If the season is right, you might catch some cherry trees in bloom (late March/early April) during the National Cherry Blossom Festival. Advance reservations are suggested.
The Tidal Basin Paddle Boat Dock is located on the eastern shore, next to the concession stand. On foot, take Raoul Wallenberg Place or 15th Street toward the Jefferson Memorial and look for the Tidal Basin Paddle Boat dock. By metro, get off at the Smithsonian Station (Blue/Orange lines) and use the 12th Street & Independence Avenue exit. Walk west on Independence toward 15th Street. Turn left on Raoul Wallenberg Place/15th Street and continue toward the Jefferson Memorial and look for the Tidal Basin Paddle Boat dock.
Tidal Basin Paddle Boats:
- 10am to 6pm daily (last boat out at 5pm)
- Columbus Day Weekend thru March 14 - closed
- March 15 thru Labor Day - open 7 days a week (weather permitting)
- After Labor Day until Columbus Day Weekend - open Wed thru Sun (weather permitting)
- $10 per hour - 2 passenger boat
- $18 per hour - 4 passenger boat
- 1501 Maine Avenue, SW Washington DC
- Phone: 202-479-2426
- Website: www.tidalbasinpaddleboats.com